This blog is kept and updated by the parents of Elder Gardner to share his mission experiences as he teaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Spanish to the people in South Carolina. The blog covers the period of time before Elder Gardner's mission as he prepares to serve and follows him throughout his mission until his return home to Arizona.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Dude vs. MTC

Hola Familia,

I am here in the MTC, alive and well. Things are going well for me, and I have already learned so much! My P-days will be on Wednesday while I'm in the MTC, but today, my district is letting me shoot a quick email to you guys. I'm not gonna lie, I already miss you guys. I have felt some symptoms of home sickness, but I usually try to get my mind off of it. Once I remember why I'm out here and what I will be doing, I feel better. I feel like I just have to get lost in the work, and I'll be okay. My companion's name is Elder Volmar, and he is a rad dude. We have a lot in common, and I personally think that we are the sickest duo. We both just want to try our best to learn the spanish language, and the language of the spirit. I am excited to be working with him. We both just feel totally lost right now, and we don't really know the whole "organization" thing yet. We walk around campus carrying like 50 books and we look like such kids. I know that we will get to a point where we will be the big guys here. I did see Jake my first day here, but only very briefly. He is not in my same building, so that's a bummer.

 I can understand when people speak Spanish to me, but it's difficult to speak it. I'm learning how to greet people in different ways, and introduce them to the gospel. It's awesome. The gift of tongues is so real! Right when I walked into class, my teachers told me to do a whole bunch of things in spanish, and I somehow knew exactly what they were saying. There are a lot of fake investigators here, but I have learned to genuinely love them. It's so weird how much you love here. I just love everyone.

I have to keep it brief today, because they only gave me ten minutes to write. I wish I could keep writing, I have so much to say. Overall, my feelings are okay. I feel like this is where I'm supposed to be, but I still have that homesick feeling. I just want you guys to know that I love you so much, and don't worry about me, I'll be fine. You'll hear from me on Wednesday!

les amo. 

-Elder Geezy

No comments:

Post a Comment