This blog is kept and updated by the parents of Elder Gardner to share his mission experiences as he teaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Spanish to the people in South Carolina. The blog covers the period of time before Elder Gardner's mission as he prepares to serve and follows him throughout his mission until his return home to Arizona.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Mission Call...

video

This is me opening my mission call. Lots of different emotions go through a young person opening their call, but for me this one was nerve racking! I had no clue what to expect because I was told that I would have to stay in the states. But you never know what Heavenly Father will do, he has a lot of tricks up his sleeve! While I was opening the envelope, my hands were shaking and it kinda just hit me that this is where I was going to be spending my next two critical years of my life. I was reading the call and when I got to the line where my destination was, and I couldn't help but just smile and laugh a little. My mom had called it, of course. I was going to her EXACT same mission... My mom and I are always the same. We think the same, and we have the exact same things we like and don't like. Out of all the things in this world, I at least wanted my mission call to be different! All joking aside, I can honestly say that I know this is the place I am needed. That sounds cliche to say, but just the fact that my mom got this call and never ended up going, and me getting the same call to finish the work in South Carolina is proof to me that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us. I am so excited to serve the Lord and help other people feel his love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment